Maddox Foundry & Machine Works
Maddox Foundry & Machine Works, Inc.
|100 Mechanic Street |
|Archer, Florida ||32618|
This site is located in the NorthCentral region of the state.
Founded by William Emory Maddox in 1905, Maddox Foundry & Machine Works provided equipment and repairs to the phosphate mines.
With the outbreak of war, the Maddox Foundry responded by producing 88mm Trench mortar shells beginning in 1942. Only four other plants in the United States manufactured shells of this type. Of the 160 employees, from 75 to 100, many of them women, worked on this government wartime contract.
Ever the good citizen, Mr. Maddox received the Great Floridian designation in 2000.