Orange City Memorial Plaque
|205 East Graves Avenue |
|Orange City, Florida ||32763|
This site is located in the EastCentral region of the state.
From 17/92 in Orange City, travel east on East Graves Avenue to city hall on the left (north) side of the street.
Located in the lobby of city hall in Orange City, this memorial plaque lists the names of all veterans of World War II living in Orange City when they entered the service. Dedicated in 2001, this memorial replaced an earlier one erected in 1948. The original plaque provides a similar listing of veterans in a segregated format, by placing the names of African-American veterans under the title, “colored.”