World War II Memorial
|St. Augustine, Florida |
|St. Johns County|
This site is located in the Northeast region of the state.
This memorial is located on the southwest corner of Charlotte Street and Cathedral Place, just north of the Public Market Place.
To memorialize those citizens of St. Johns County who gave their lives in military service during World War II, the St. Augustine Pilot Club presented this memorial to the city in 1946. This six-foot square masonry shaft, finished in shell-dash stucco, originally listed the names of only those who died during WWII. In later years bronze plaques were added to include those who died in Korea and Vietnam as well.