|520 East First Street |
|Sanford, Florida ||32772-1788|
This site is located in the Central region of the state.
The Sanford Museum is located in the City of Sanford in Fort Mellon Park on the south shore of Lake Monroe. First Street, on which the museum is located, is an eastern extension of SR46.
Founded in 1957, the museum's mission is to collect and exhibit items dealing with the development of the City of Sanford from Territorial times to the present. Particular attention is given to perpetuating the memory of the town's founder, Henry S. Sanford. The NAAS Sanford exhibit includes WWII artifacts in addition to the museum's collection of NAAS Sanford records and photographs. Several WWII era issues of the period newspaper, The Sanford Herald, are available as well.