Hernando County Veterans Roll of Honor
This site is located in the WestCentral region of the state.
This site is located at 20 North Main Street on the northwest side of the old Hernando County Court House between Broad and Jefferson Streets. Main Street is accessed from US-98, just north of this location.
The original Hernando County Veterans Roll of Honor, dedicated March 10, 1946, recognized 990 county veterans for their service during WWI or WWII. Replaced on Veteran’s Day 1990, the new 9’ x 18’ granite wall honors, by name, the 1,088 Hernando County residents who served in the armed forces during wartime.